Telecom 101 Textbook – Fourth Edition 2016 is out
– and on sale for a limited time!
High-Quality Reference Book and Study Guide Covering All Major Topics, Up To Date To 2016… in Plain English.
It’s been eight years since the last edition (an eon in technology time). Hot off the press! The new Fourth Edition is totally updated to today’s IP and Ethernet telecom technologies – while still starting with the fundamentals.
Packed with information, authoritative, up to date, covering all major topics – and written in plain English – Telecom 101 is an invaluable textbook and day-to-day reference on telecommunications.
Telecom 101 covers the core knowledge set required in the telecom business today: the technologies, the players, the products and services, jargon and buzzwords, and most importantly, the underlying ideas… and how it all fits together.
The course materials for Teracom’s famous Course 101 Telecom, Datacom and Networking for Non-Engineers, augmented with additional topics and bound in this one volume bring you consistency, completeness and unbeatable value.
Our approach can be summed up with a simple philosophy: Start at the beginning. Progress in a logical order. Build one concept on top of another. Finish at the end. Avoid jargon. Speak in plain English.
Bust the buzzwords, demystify jargon, and cut through doubletalk!
Fill gaps and build a solid base of structured knowledge.
Understand how everything fits together.
… knowledge and understanding that lasts a lifetime.
Ideal for anyone needing a book covering all major topics in telecom, data communications, IP and networking… in plain English.
A wealth of clear, concise, organized knowledge, impossible to find in one place anywhere else!
Join thousands of satisfied customers!
7″ x 9″ softcover textbook • 488 pages
4th edition • Published March 2016
print ISBN 9781894887038
eBook ISBN 9781894887786
Print quantities are limited. Order now to avoid disappointment.
Your Go-To Telecom Resource
Covering all major topics, we begin with the Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN), then
• progress in a logical order, building one concept on top of another,
• from voice and data fundamentals to digital, packets, IP and Ethernet, VoIP,
• fiber and wireless, DSL and cable, routers and networks, MPLS, ISPs and CDNs,
• and finish with the Brave New World of IP Telecom, where voice, data and video are the same thing.
• An invaluable day-to-day reference handbook
• Learn and retain more reading a hard copy, professionally printed and bound
• Up-to-date: published 2016
• Allows you to study and review topics before attending a course
• An economical and convenient way to self-study
… these are the materials to an instructor-led course that costs $1395 to attend.
• The Certification Study Guide for the prestigious Telecommunications Certification Organization (TCO) Certified Telecommunications Analyst (CTA) telecommunications certification.
Written by our top instructor, Eric Coll, M.Eng., Telecom 101 contain 35 years of knowledge and learning distilled and organized into an invaluable study guide and practical day-to-day reference for non-engineers.
Looking through the chapter list and detailed outline below, you’ll see that many chapters of Telecom 101 are like self-contained reference books on specific topics, like the PSTN, IP, LANs, MPLS and cellular.
You can get all of these topics bound in one volume for one low price.
Compare this to hunting down and paying for multiple books by different authors that may or may not cover what you need to know- and you’ll agree this is a very attractive deal.
Career- and productivity-enhancing training… an investment that will be repaid many times over.
Get your copy today!