We’re pleased to announce the release of another online course: Wireless Telecommunications.
In this course, we cover wireless, concentrating mostly on mobile communications.
We’ll cover the principles of operation, jargon and buzzwords in the mobility business, the idea behind cellular radio systems, and explain the different spectrum-sharing technologies, including 1G analog FDMA, 2G TDMA/GSM vs. CDMA, 3G 1X vs. UMTS CDMA and 4G OFDMA.
We’ll conclude with a lesson on 802.11 wireless LANs (Wi-Fi) and a lesson on satellite communications.
Lessons in this module
1. Module Introduction – Wireless Communications
watch intro now (free)
2. Mobile Network Components, Jargon and Basic Operation
3. Cellular Principles and AMPS (1G)
4. 2G: Digital Radio – Voice Communications
5. Digital Cellular: Data Communications
6. Spectrum-Sharing Technologies: FDMA, TDMA, CDMA, OFDM
7. 3G Cellular: CDMA watch now (free)
8. 4G Mobile Cellular: LTE
9. 802.11 Wireless LANs – WiFi
10. Communication Satellites