Now is the time to invest in yourself and your team for the coming year.
On top of the sixteen courses included in the CTA Certification Package,
Course L2241 Introduction to Broadband Converged IP Telecom, and
Course L2221 Introduction to Voice over IP
are now included as free bonus courses with CTA.
Relatively new to telecom? Frustrated with all the jargon and buzzwords? Grab this opportunity to get the training you need!
Join thousands of satisfied non-engineering professionals! Bust the buzzwords, demystify the jargon and understand today’s converged broadband IP telecommunications, the technologies and services, the underlying ideas, and how it all fits together.
Stay focused, engaged and learn with a professional instructor.
Eliminate lack-of-knowledge embarrassment. Be more confident with a solid base of telecommunications knowledge you can build on, from fundamentals to IoT and everything between.
Specifically designed for non-engineers, Teracom’s renowned telecommunications training is organized into two courses back-to-back to make a full week called BOOT CAMP:
Course 101: Broadband, Telecom, Datacom and Networking for Non-Engineers, then
Course 130: Voice over IP, SIP, Security, 5G and IoT.
- Some people, needing a comprehensive base in telecom, attend only the core training Course 101 the first three days, and get the included CTNS Certification.
- Others, who already have a base, attend Course 130 the last two days for VoIP, the Security module, 5G and IoT with examples like Smart Cities, and get the included CVA Certification.
- Most people attend all five days, designated as Course 111 BOOT CAMP, to get the most comprehensive and highest quality telecommunications training available, at a discounted price, with three TCO Certifications included: CTNS, CVA and the prestigious TCO CTA Certification.
This is an easy sell with management. Your increase in productivity and accuracy will over time far outweigh the cost of a week’s training. Plus, you get bonus online courses and certification, and high quality printed course books.
Here’s a sampling of student evaluations from recent classes:
“Awesome course, really. Just very, very good.”
– Tim Wilson, Ciena
“Thank you guys so much, this class was amazing! I would take this all over again!”
– Austin Thompson, NHC
“Since I am very new to telecom, this helped me connect the dots, the different layers and terminology. I liked that it followed the printed workbooks very closely so I could read the summaries after the lessons. The instructor was great. He kept it light, added some jokes to keep it entertaining. I liked most when he did drawings with his explanations.”
– Ashley Brinkman, Marketing Manager, MTA, Palmer Alaska
“The course was very beneficial for me. I wish I would have been able to take this class a few years back when I first started!”
– Tamara Pepin, CRTC
“I had some of the basics; this class filled gaps and added much more depth. Instructor Richard was open to questions at any time, and revisited topics until we got it. Having the notes in the printed course book to follow along and add to was very helpful. Richard was very passionate about the course material and had great real-life examples.”
– Robert Smieszny, NHC
“Richard is an excellent instructor. He has unmatched knowledge on the subject! He does a fantastic job interacting as if we are physically in a classroom with him!”
– Daniel Herfel, National Institute of Standards and Technology
BOOT CAMP is Course 101 and 130 back-to-back to make a whole week, packaged with a discount as Course 111. Career- and productivity-enhancing training, two course books with detailed notes, printed in color, totaling over 600 pages, plus bonus CTNS, CVA and CTA Certification Packages, for only $1895 Live Online (regular $2495 In-Person).
Let us know you plan to attend by creating your registration.
Career- and productivity-enhancing training, two course books with detailed notes, printed in color, totaling over 600 pages, plus bonus CTNS, CVA and CTA Certification Packages, for only $1895 Live Online (regular $2495 In-Person).
Group discounts are also available.
Plus, You will also get immediate access to the included TCO Certification Packages: CTNS, CTA and CVA and their twenty-five full-length online courses, with no time limits and unlimited repeats.
This lesson explains the standard practice of assigning private IP addresses to machines inside the building, and getting a single public IP address from the ISP providing the Internet access. Everyone in the building shares the single public IP address via Network Address Translation. This lesson explains how NAT works.
IP Addresses • Packets • Networks • Routers • Static and Dynamic Addresses • DHCP • Public and Private Addresses • NAT • IPv6
IP Networks, Routers and Addresses is a comprehensive course on IP networking fundamentals: IP packets, IP addressing and IP routers.
We’ll see how routers implement the network with packet-switching, that is, relaying packets from one circuit to another, and how routers are a point of control for network security. We’ll introduce the term Customer Edge (CE), and understand the basic structure and content of a routing table.
Then we’ll cover the many aspects of IP addressing: IPv4 address classes, dotted decimal, static vs. dynamic addresses, DHCP, public vs. private addresses, Network Address Translation, and finish with an overview of IPv6.
2. Review: Channelized Time-Division Multiplexing (TDM)
3. Statistical Time-Division Multiplexing: Bandwidth-on-Demand
4. Network: Bandwidth on Demand + Routing
6. IPv4 Addresses
8. Public and Private IPv4 Addresses
9. Network Address Translation
10. IPv6 Overview
11. IPv6 Address Allocations and Assignment
Based on Teracom’s famous Course 101, tuned and refined over the course of 20 years of instructor-led training, we’ll cut through the jargon to clearly explain IP and routers, packets and addresses, the underlying ideas, and how it all works together… in plain English.
This is your opportunity to not only receive great live instructor-led training, but also receive access to the corresponding self-study online courses and certifications at no additional cost!
Still working from home? No problem. We’ll ship the workbooks directly to your door.
The best part: BOOT CAMP has been totally updated for the 2020s, with 5G, Cloud Computing, Data Centers, Smart Cities & more!
This is the most up-to-date telecom-for-non-engineers training that can be found anywhere… and truly career-enhancing knowledge.
The Introduction to Broadband Converged IP Telecom course is the first course in our self-study CTNS certification package and the CTSME certification bundle, and the first chapter in our instructor-led Course 101 and Boot Camp.
It provides an overview of the material that we cover in our training and gives you a taste of the style and format of our online training.
Watch the introduction session for free and gain an understanding of all the topics which are taught in more detail throughout the training.
The core knowledge needed in telecom today, with eight courses covering all major topics – plus TCO Certification to prove it!
The internationally-recognized TCO CTNS Certification is the core telecommunications network knowledge required by everyone serious in the telecom world today.
Bust the buzzwords, demystify the jargon, understand the fundamental concepts, technologies and standard practices … and most importantly, the underlying ideas, and how it all fits together.
The eight full-length courses in the CTNS Certification Package cover all major areas of telecom, datacom and networking.
You will start by getting up to speed on all major topics with the new 2021 course Introduction to Broadband Converged IP Telecom plus fully up-to-date courses on Cellular and Wi-Fi, VoIP and SIP, the PSTN, OSI Layers, LANs and Optical Ethernet, IP and MPLS.
For an individual, this knowledge and preparation makes you an ideal candidate to hire or promote to a task, as you will be able to build on your knowledge base to quickly get up to speed and work on a particular project – then have the versatility to work on subsequent projects.
For an employer, CTNS is an extremely cost-effective way of getting team members and new hires up to a common speed with a common vocabulary and reference. The myTeracom Learning Management System can generate team progress reports. A discount of 40% is available for 5 seats or more.
This investment will be repaid many times over in the future in terms of lowered buzzword frustration and higher accuracy and productivity. Get started today!
The coursework for CTNS is a set of eight high-quality online multimedia courses. The content outline for each course is below. Click on the course name or scroll down for detailed descriptions, what you will learn, and free lessons.
Course 2241: Introduction to Broadband Converged IP Telecom
• Specifically designed for non-engineers
• Introduction and first pass through all aspects of today’s telecom
• Convergence • Broadband • Network Core and Edge • Protocols
• Last Mile Copper, Fiber and Wireless • Network Equipment
• Residential, Business and Wholesale Services • Carrier Connections
Course 2206: Wireless Telecommunications
• Mobile network, radio and cellular fundamentals
• Phone calls and mobile Internet over cellular
• 4G LTE, OFDMA, 5G new spectrum, new applications
• Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi security, and satellite communications
Course 2221: Fundamentals of Voice over IP
• The Big Picture. VoIP Phones and Terminals
• Voice in IP Packets. Soft Switches / SIP Servers / Call Managers
• Media Servers, Gateways, LAN and WAN, SIP Trunking, Standards
• Where All of This is Headed: Broadband IP Dial Tone
Course 2201: The PSTN
• Required knowledge while there remains a large installed base
• Loops and trunks, analog, the voiceband
• LECs, CLECs and IXCs. POTS and SS7
Course 2212: OSI Layers and Protocol Stacks
• Protocols and standards. The OSI Model
• Layers: Layer 2 vs. Layer 3. Examples
• Protocol stacks. How protocol stacks work
Course 2211: LANs, VLANs, Wireless and Optical Ethernet
• LAN fundamentals. Ethernet and 802 standards
• MAC addresses and MAC frames
• LAN switches, broadcast domains and VLANs
• Ethernet on twisted pair (Cat 5e/6 cables), radio (Wi-Fi) and fiber (Optical Ethernet)
Course 2213: IP Networks, Routers and Addresses
• Packet network fundamentals. Routers
• IP packets and IP addresses
• Static & dynamic, public & private addresses
• Network Address Translation (NAT). IPv6.
Course 2214: MPLS and Carrier Networks
• Carrier network basics. Customer Edge (CE) device
• Service Level Agreements and CoS
• MPLS for traffic management, VPNs, integrated access
• MPLS Services vs. Internet service
Invest in yourself with the CTNS Certification Package!
Eight CTNS courses plus TCO Certification, giving you a solid foundation in telecom, datacom and networking, from modern IP telecom, wireless, VoIP and PSTN to Ethernet, IP networking and MPLS.
Plus, get your Telecommunications Certification Organization (TCO) Certified Telecommunications Network Specialist (CTNS) Certification to prove it!
Upgrade your skills – and your résumé – with this training and certification today!
The CTNS Certification Package Unlimited Plan includes the eight CTNS Courses and CTNS Certification Exam, both with unlimited repeats – which means guaranteed to pass if you’re willing to do the work, and refresh your knowledge anytime.
Not ready for in-person training yet.
No problem, Boot Camp Live Online is still going strong.
The next Boot Camp Live Online is Aug 23-27.
Don’t miss out.
You can take just the first 3 days as Course 101 Broadband, Telecom, Datacom and Networking for Non‑Engineers, or the last 2 days as Course 130 Voice over IP, SIP, Security, 5G and IoT if you prefer.
BOOT CAMP was totally updated for 2020, with 5G, Cloud Computing, Data Centers, Smart Cities & more.
TCO Certifications and their corresponding sets of Online Courses are included with all seminars as a free bonus:
Course 101: CTNS Certification Package.
Course 130: CVA Certification Package.
Course 111 BOOT CAMP: CTNS, CVA and CTA.